Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Front Bumper & Headlight Removal 2006 TX AWD
You need to remove the bumper outer and inner to remove the headlights.

Tools Required:
[Image: tools.png]

Stubbie Philips Head Screwdriver
8mm Deep Socket plus short extension bar
10mm Socket
Stanley Knife
Plastic solid flat tool.

Best way to get these screw clips out, is use a knife under the screw edge to lift while you undo the plastic screw with a screw driver.
If that fails then just cut them off and replace them, ebay has them for sale.
[Image: clipout.png]

First remove the Grill 2x plastic screw clips one on each side, left the grill out

[Image: grill.png] 

Now remove the front lower stone tray, 3 x plastic screw clips

[Image: stonetray.png]

Pull it down at the back to release the clips into bumper bar
[Image: stonetray2.png]
Then slide forward and off.
[Image: trayoff.png][Image: trayoff2.png]

Now remove lower under tray with 13 x 8mm headed self tapping screws.
[Image: undertray.png][Image: undertray2.png]

Now remove 2 x plastic screw clips and 1 x self tapping screw from each side in the wheel arch.
[Image: arch.png]
then peel back the inner liner so you can get your hand in
[Image: arch2.png]
unclip the bumper ends  with a plastic tool so you dont damage the paint
[Image: bumclips.png][Image: bumclips2.png]

In the inner guards where you peeled back liner there is 1 x 8mm bolt and 1 x 8mm nut on a long thread so you need a deep socket here.
[Image: bumbolts.png][Image: bumbolts2.png]
It should move away a bit at the bottom now
[Image: bumper.png]

Now remove the clips at the top of the bumper one on each side.
[Image: grill.png]

and the bumper outer cover should slide off.
[Image: gone.png]

Now the inner bumper is easy just 1 x 10mm nuts and  x 10mm bolts on each side
[Image: reo.png][Image: gone2.png]

The head lights have 4 bolts 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. The 2nd pic is why you have to remove bumper to get headlights out.
[Image: light.png][Image: light3.png][Image: light2.png]

Let the headlight hang out to get to the light bulb connectors.
Squeeze them in on the sides to unplug.
[Image: plug.png]

Thats it !!!
Hi MM

Just wanted to thank you for this tutorial. Had to take a left headlight off to drain water out, dry it, silicone and reinstall. Don’t think I could have done it without your great work above. My only issues were an extra small bolt above the long threaded one in step 11. Until I found it (by feel only) I was unable to work out how then the bumper was meant to come off. And a stubborn bolt on my inner bumper panel that I couldn’t remove, fortunately was able to wriggle the headlight out anyway.

Have a great Christmas - you just saved me several hundred bucks having this fixed at the local Ford place.

Cheers

Drew Smile
(03-12-2017, 06:32 PM)drewqld Wrote: Hi MM

Just wanted to thank you for this tutorial. Had to take a left headlight off to drain water out, dry it, silicone and reinstall. Don’t think I could have done it without your great work above. My only issues were an extra small bolt above the long threaded one in step 11. Until I found it (by feel only) I was unable to work out how then the bumper was meant to come off. And a stubborn bolt on my inner bumper panel that I couldn’t remove, fortunately was able to wriggle the headlight out anyway.

Have a great Christmas - you just saved me several hundred bucks having this fixed at the local Ford place.

Cheers

Drew Smile

Great guide. Thanks.

One comment:  

You might need a 5/16 deep socket instead of a 8mm deep socket, if the 8mm nut has been removed before and rounded a little.